Counseling for Anxiety
Anxiety is part of being human. It is a built-in protective part of our bodies to warn us when there is potential danger. We all have anxiety at varying levels and we need an optimal level of anxiety in life to function healthily. If you feel your anxiety is heightened in this season at unhelpful levels daily, it may be helpful to to seek some support.
Some of the symptoms of anxiety include:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, help educate you on what is happening in the body when we are anxious, learn how to ground yourself when you are anxious, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you suffer from an anxiety, I invite you to contact me today for a free consultation.